Small Business Majority is a small business advocacy organization founded and run by small business owners to focus on solving the biggest problems facing small businesses today. Since 2005, we have actively engaged small business owners and policymakers in support of public policy solutions, and have delivered information and resources to entrepreneurs that promote small business growth and drive a strong, sustainable economy. (www.smallbusinessmajority.org)
Small Business Majority’s Entrepreneurship Program delivers resources and information to entrepreneurs in key areas of running a small business. We provide education about business and policy solutions, products and services that help strengthen existing small businesses and allow would-be entrepreneurs to take the next step in launching their business.
This position reports to the Director of Entrepreneurship. We seek qualified candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago or Washington, D.C.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Entrepreneurship Manager will work directly with the Director of Entrepreneurship as well as members of the other Small Business Majority departments to maintain and expand the organization’s national Entrepreneurship Program initiatives. Specifically, the responsibilities of the Manager will include:
- Overseeing execution of major national program to deliver education and resources to small business owners through digital platforms, on-the-ground outreach, partnership development and national communications
- Working with the Communications Department to develop, update and maintain Small Business Majority’s online platforms and products. This will include working with the Communications Department, partners and outside contractors to develop, edit, organize, maintain and update relevant content on a variety of issues for the program’s online platforms and outreach events
- In conjunction with Director of Entrepreneurship and Outreach team, establishing strategic partnerships with outside organizations. These partnerships have two goals: 1) to provide relevant expertise, products, services and other resources for our entrepreneurship platforms and events, and 2) to deploy our products and platforms to small business owners through our partnership channels
- Developing subject matter expertise in the issues addressed by the Entrepreneurship Program, including access to capital, retirement and workplace issues among others
- Working with the Outreach, Communications and Grant departments to track metrics, communicate all grant deliverables, and serve as a resource in creating plans to execute projects
- Assisting in development work to secure funding for the program. This includes meeting with potential funders, working with the Grants Department to develop pitch documents and deliver in-depth formal proposals
- A strong history of project management including creating and implementing new initiatives
- Self-starter who has ability to make/form relationships and partnerships with business organizations, funders, advocates, small business owners and others
- Experience working on online platforms to deliver compelling and relevant content
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong writing and editing experience
- Experience with data collection and management, including online metrics
- Development experience fundraising from corporate and/or philanthropic institutions
- Highly organized and able to track/monitor work being completed in multiple states by multiple staff members
- Ability to work in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment with frequently shifting priorities and evolving internal processes and structures
- Strong interest in and/or experience with small business issues
- Available for occasional travel (approx. 5% of time) to attend key external and internal meetings (including SBM’s annual 3-day retreat and SBM’s annual 2-day Washington, D.C., Summit.)
Please submit cover letter and resume to
Small Business Majority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual preference, citizenship, or marital status.